Thursday, April 2, 2009

How to look like Carol Brady in 5 easy steps:

1) Go a local Szepsegszalon:  Looking at my sister's photos, I noticed how dreadful my hair looked. It was shaggy and the old dye job had mostly grown out. So on Tuesday they walked to a local Szepsegszalon and made an appointment. 

2) Make an appointment: This involved a lot of gestures and pointing, but soon enough we had figured out when and how much the hair cut should cost. Nevertheless, it wowed my colleauges and I was dubbed nagyon okos (very smart).

3) Show up to the appointment: I was running late, but made it in just in time.

4) More smiling, nodding and gestures to communicate with the hairdresser: The hairdresser asked if I wanted a 'trendy' cut, thinking of my students - spiky faux hawk mullets are currently in style - I refused. Instead I chose something out of a book, published in 1993.  She whipped out not just sissors, but strange instruments of hair torture. Instead of watching the snippets of blonde and brown fall arround my feet, I closed my eyes.

5) Look in the Mirror: There staring back in the mirror was Carol Brady, albeit a slightly more modern version.

She trimmed up the back, and it is really cute. 

5 comments:

Lauren said...

um, photo??

jeremy said...

i had one of my 8th graders translate for me..through our broken Germans...that didn't work out so well.

"fru-fru," i learned, means "bangs..."

jeremy said...

Do you know Kinga in 11A? She's really tall. She's pretty marvelous.

Rachel said...

Glad it worked out for you! I got mine cut a couple months ago, and it was fine until I got back to my flat and realized there were spiky ends on the top that shouldn't be there! It could have been worse though!

Cicero Paine said...

your loyal readership demands pictures....